Thursday, June 28, 2012

Being Prepared.. A Good Or Bad Thing?

Planners. We all have one or we are told we should all have one. Every year I spend money on buying at least two which get used for a month or so and then sit dusty on my shelf. The thing about planning is that nothing ever goes according to plan. It has taken me 25 (I am only 24) years to really understand that. When I planned things as a child, if they did not run smoothly, there was undoubtedly a crying fit and an adult blamed for messing up my schedule. Then as I grew older I learned about procrastination, which killed motivation for planning and for getting things accomplished in general. In college there was always tomorrow which always turned into the night before.

Well as a coach I have tried my best to schedule practices but the thing with kids is, you never know at what point you are going to get them at 100% and at what point their ADD medicine is slowly but surely wearing off. I try to keep a base line of things I want to get accomplished and then work towards those goals. If they hit those goals then we were successful.

I am trying very hard to apply that ideal to my life. This way I can not be so upset when things don't go according to plan but yet actually set goals for myself. So for this weekend coming up, I want to enjoy my days off but I also need to get some things accomplished. Last weekend it worked pretty well!

 > Clean My Car!! Number 1 Most Important!
 > Finish "My Disaster Movie" Kit- (Will Explain More Later)
 > Attend my Best Friend's Engagement Party
 > Work on Hair Bows for my Youth Team
 > Choreograph the Cheer Portion to My High School Routine

 Lets hope it all gets accomplished and I have fun while doing it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment